Suncor Power Engineer Career Accelerator
Important Notice: this program has been postponed in response to Covid-19. We're currently working on a revised program calendar. Please sign up for updates below and we will be in touch once we have new program dates available.
This program is perfect for women interested in entering the field of power engineering and securing a paid co-op placement with Suncor in Fort McMurray. Suncor Power Engineer Career Accelerator consists of pre-program training with WBF followed by skills training with Keyano College and a paid co-op with Suncor in Fort McMurray.
Students will complete Keyano’s 4th Class Power Engineer program, fulfill a paid co-op term with Suncor, return to Keyano to complete the 3rd Class Power Engineer program and finish with a second paid co-op term with Suncor.
Program Length: 2 years total
Location: Fort McMurray
Tuition: Tuition is partially covered by Suncor. Tuition, application fee and exam costs for Keyano’s Power Engineer program are paid for by the applicant/learner as part of their enrollment through Keyano College.
Class Capacity: 10
- Applicant must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Completed High School Diploma with successful completion in English 20-1 or English 20-2, Math 20-1 or Math 20-2, Physics 20. Science 20 will be accepted for Alberta high school graduates only.
- OR a pass mark on all 5 General Education Development (GED) exam
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency
- Class 5 Driver’s License and driver’s abstract
- Safety mindset and aptitude
Students will receive ongoing support from a WBF Alumni Advisor during training with Keyano and the paid co-op terms to ensure career success.