Suncor Power Engineer Career Accelerator
This program is perfect for women interested in entering the field of power engineering and securing a paid co-op placement with Suncor in Fort McMurray. Suncor Power Engineer Career Accelerator consists of pre-program training with WBF followed by skills training with Keyano College and a paid co-op with Suncor in Fort McMurray.
Students will complete Keyano’s 4th Class Power Engineer program, fulfill a paid co-op term with Suncor, return to Keyano to complete the 3rd Class Power Engineer program and finish with a second paid co-op term with Suncor.
Program Length: 2 years total
Location: Fort McMurray
Tuition: Tuition is partially covered by Suncor. Tuition, application fee and exam costs for Keyano’s Power Engineer program are paid for by the applicant/learner as part of their enrollment through Keyano College.
Class Capacity: 12
- Applicant must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Completed High School Diploma with successful completion in English 20-1 or English 20-2, Math 20-1 or Math 20-2, Physics 20. Science 20 will be accepted for Alberta high school graduates only.
- OR a pass mark on all 5 General Education Development (GED) exam
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency
- Class 5 Driver’s License and driver’s abstract
- Safety mindset and aptitude
Students will receive ongoing support from a WBF Alumni Advisor during training with Keyano and the paid co-op terms to ensure career success.