Syncrude Heavy Equipment Operator
The Syncrude Heavy Equipment Operator Program is a two week classroom training program to prepare women to begin their careers as a heavy equipment operator. This is a competitive program, with 16 seats available, and tuition is covered by Syncrude for successful applicants. Classroom training consists of two weeks in Fort McMurray, followed by 364 days of hands-on training by Syncrude north of Fort McMurray.
Program Length: 2 weeks classroom training followed by 364 day paid co-op
Location: Fort McMurray
Tuition: Tuition for this program is funded by Syncrude.
Class Capacity: 16
- Proof of residency for Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Successful pass of drug/alcohol & fitness test (50lbs lift/carry)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current resume including two supervisory references
Standard First Aid - CPR A & AED
- CSTS &WHMIS
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- (CSO) Common Safety Orientation
Students will receive ongoing support from a WBF Alumni Advisor during training and the paid co-op terms to ensure career success.