Driver & Operator Training
This program is perfect for someone looking for a career in operating various types of equipment in construction and city maintenance.
This six-week program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, workplace culture preparation, theory and hands-on training needed to support and prepare them to enter the operating industry. Classroom and hands-on skills training for this program are offered through the Women Building Futures Training Centre in Edmonton.
Driver & Operator Training is offered in partnership with a certified driver training school, Gennaro Transport Training. This program prepares class 5 drivers to successfully obtain their Class 3 license. Drive equipment such as snow plows, wireline trucks and hydrovacs. Work in industries such as Oil & Gas, Construction and Hydrovac Services. Worksite tours, hands on skill building and guest speakers will round out the students’ readiness for employment.
Entrance Requirements: Class 5 Driver's License (no GDL) and a 5 year driver's abstract.
- Standard First Aid CPR A & AED
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Ground Disturbance Level 2
- Flag Person
- H2S Alive Certificate
- CSTS-09 Certificate
- RSTS Certificate
- OSSA Fall Protection
To support employment opportunities upon completion of this program, students will also have support in job search and introductions to employers in the field.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the construction and equipment operating Industry
- Demonstrate an aptitude and preparedness for the safe process of operating equipment
- Demonstrate an aptitude and preparedness in the safe practices for working in the construction and maintenance trades
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate preparedness to succeed in a non-traditional work environment
- Demonstrate the ability to identify different motors, engines and their components
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of personal financial management
- Demonstrate preparedness for working conditions and expectations of future employment
Tuition for this program is sponsored by Badger Daylighting and City of Edmonton.
Join MY WBF
Uncertain which program is right for you? Log into the MY WBF portal to access our Program Finder and Trades Exploration Tools to help you find the program that is right for you.
Take the MY WBF tour to learn how to set up an account, register for an information session and how to apply.