Driver & Operator
Program Length: 6 weeks
Description: Driver & Operator prepares students to start their careers as a Class 3 Driver operating equipment such as snowplows, wireline trucks, and hydrovacs.
This program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, workplace culture preparation, industry exposure, theory and driver training needed to obtain their Class 3 license.
What you need to apply:
Here’s an overview of the documents and steps required for your application:
- Class 5 Driver's License (no GDL)
- A clean 5 year Driver's Abstract
- Must be an Alberta resident
- Successful pass of drug/alcohol & fitness test (50lbs lift/carry)
- Successful pass of Government of Alberta’s Class 3 knowledge test
- Career research
- Successful pass of Essential Skills test (score within Level 2)
Courses and Skills Learned:
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by the Government of Canada and WBF Industry Partners.
- Applicants are responsible for covering the costs of the Government of Alberta Class 3 Knowledge test and a driver’s abstract.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
Employment: Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as an entry level Driver & Operator.
How to Apply: We recommend attending an information session before beginning your application. You can register for an upcoming information session here.