Employment Express is a tuition-free, 3-4-week training program designed to get you working quickly. This program will introduce students to various entry level positions within the construction, homebuilding, chemical manufacturing industries and more.
This program starts with 2 weeks of basic safety certifications and workplace readiness training with Women Building Futures (WBF).
Students will receive the following certifications and introductory training to ensure successful entry to employment:
Upon completion of training with WBF, students will transition to entry level skills training with industry partners and move into full-time employment.
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) 2020
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- First Aid CPR A & AED
- Fire Extinguisher Safety
- WBF Best Practices (workplace culture & readiness)
- Basic fitness and health for productive work
- Math Review
- Resume Building Workshop and Interview Preparation
Employment opportunities will be available in Fort Saskatchewan, Edmonton and Calgary. Positions will include construction labourers, packer operators, rock truck operators, site services labourers, and more.
This pilot program will have 3 intakes with the following dates and our Admissions Advisor will work with you to select the cohort that best suits your location and employment needs:
- Applicants must be currently unemployed
- Class 5 Driver's License (recommended)
- Successful completion of an Essential Skills Test
- Successful completion of a drug & alcohol and fitness test
Cohort #1: April 12 - May 7
- Cohort #2: May 31 - June 25
- Cohort #3: June 7 - June 30
To apply to this program, please create an account below to start your application. Applications for cohort #1 will close on March 8, 2021 and applications for cohort #2 and #3 will close on April 12, 2021.
This program was made possible by funding from the Government of Alberta.