Professional Class 1 Driver
Program Length: 8 weeks
What you need to apply:
Description: Professional Class 1 Driver prepares students to begin their careers driving vehicles such as semi-trailers, truck tractors and tractor trailers. This program covers essential safety certifications and the hands-on training needed to support and prepare students to successfully obtain a Class 1 license under the Government of Alberta’s mandatory entry-level training.
Here’s an overview of the documents and steps required for your application:
- Class 5 Driver's License (no GDL)
- A clean 5 year Driver's Abstract
- Must be an Alberta resident
- Successful pass of drug/alcohol test
- Successful pass of fitness test
- Career research
- Successful pass of Essential Skills test (score within Level 2)
Courses and Skills Learned:
- There is no cost to students for this program. Tuition in Edmonton is funded by our program sponsors. Tuition in Calgary is funded by the Government of Canada's Women in Construction Fund.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
Employment: Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as a Professional Class 1 Driver. Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long-haul professional truck drivers
How to Apply: We recommend attending an information session before beginning your application. You can register for an upcoming information session here.