Professional Class 1 Driver
Professional Class 1 Driver is an introductory skills development program officially endorsed by the Alberta Motor Transportation Association (AMTA).The program is designed to prepare students to succeed in the commercial transportation industry.
This program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, best practices for working in transportation, exposure to the technical skills and hands-on training needed to support and prepare them to successfully obtain their Class 1 licence under the new mandatory entry-level training (MELT).
Program Length: 8 weeks
Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long haul professional truck drivers.
Tuition: Tuition is funded by our program sponsors.
Class Capacity: 12
The program includes:
- Class 5 Driver's Licence (no GDL)
- 5 year driver's abstract
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS 2020)
- Standard First Aid-CPR A & AED
- H2S Alive
- Air Brake Endorsement
- Road Builders Safety Training System (RSTS)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and WHMIS
- Tools and Engines Workshop
- In-truck driving skill development
- AMTA simulator training
- Driver's math
- Financial Tool Kit
- Healthy Choices for Productive Work
- Best Practices for Workplace Readiness
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- Load Securement
Upon completion of this program, students will also have support in job search and receive earned employer referrals to support employment opportunities.
Applications are now open with an application deadline of March 1, 2021. Classes start on May 10, 2021.