Professional Class 1 Driver Calgary
Professional Class 1 Driver is an introductory skills development program officially endorsed by the Alberta Motor Transportation Association (AMTA).The program is designed to prepare students to succeed in the commercial transportation industry.
This program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, best practices for working in transportation, exposure to the technical skills and hands-on training needed to support and prepare them to successfully obtain their Class 1 license under the new mandatory entry-level training (MELT).
Program Length: 8 weeks
Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long haul professional truck drivers.
Tuition: Funded by the Government of Canada's Women in Construction Fund.
Class Capacity: 12
This program includes:
- Class 5 Driver's License (no GDL)
- 5 year driver's abstract
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS 2020 or RSTS) and WHMIS
- Standard First Aid-CPR A & AED
- H2S Alive
- Air Brake Endorsement
- Road Builders Safety Training System (RSTS)
- Educated on Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Tools and Engines Workshop
- In-truck driving skill development
- Driver's math
- Financial Tool Kit
- Healthy Choices for Productive Work
- Best Practices for Workplace Readiness
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- Load Securement
Upon completion of this program, students will also have support in job search and receive earned employer referrals to support employment opportunities.
Applications are now open for Calgary training with an application deadline of April 12, 2021. Classes start on June 28, 2021.
To apply online, simply create an account on the MY WBF portal, log in and browse programs open for applications. Choose your program and start your application online. If you're new to MY WBF, you can register here.
Take the MY WBF tour to learn how to set up an account, register for an information session and how to apply.